How to Make an Easy Enchilada Sauce
To make an easy enchilada sauce, you’ll need to prepare some ingredients and seasonings. You will also need to store your sauce properly. The ingredients to make easy enchilada sauce are: flour, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and vegetable stock. Adding olive oil will help roast the flour and give the sauce flavor. Tomato sauce adds color and flavor to the dish, while vegetable stock adds a neutral flavor. Cumin is a common Mexican spice. You can add cumin to your taste, or leave it out altogether.
Homemade enchilada sauce
Homemade enchilada sauce is a quick and easy recipe that tastes much better than the canned version. It uses pantry staples and is very versatile, making it a perfect choice for a wide variety of recipes. This sauce is mild and has just the right balance of spices. It is the perfect choice for chicken and beef enchiladas, and can even be used for soups and skillet dishes.
Easy homemade enchilada sauce can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. Keep it in an airtight container to prevent it from becoming too thick. If you don’t want to waste the leftover sauce, you can freeze it in freezer-safe plastic bags. Be sure to remove the plastic bags before using the sauce, as the sauce will stain the plastic.
To make this dish, start by making a roux by combining oil and flour in a pan. Use a medium-sized saucepan as the roux may burn easily. Then, add spices, such as cumin, to taste. You can also use black pepper.
You can use a variety of seasonings to make an easy enchilada sauce. For a more spicy kick, you can add cayenne pepper. To prepare the sauce, heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Once the garlic is fragrant, stir in the tomato sauce. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens slightly. If it is too thick, add a bit more stock. You can add it a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Then, add the 3oz of tomato paste. Simmer until it reaches the desired consistency. After that, add two cups of broth or water. The sauce can be used immediately or frozen for future use. You can also adjust the heat by adjusting the amount of chili powder to your liking.
Seasonings for easy enchiladas can be a simple matter of oil and garlic. You can also use granulated garlic or cumin. For a more authentic taste, you can also add crushed red pepper flakes. The sauce can also be thickened with additional liquid. It can also be stored in the refrigerator. It can also be made gluten free.
You can also use tomato sauce or vegetable broth to make an enchilada sauce. The basic recipe calls for three oz tomato paste and two cups of water or broth. When the sauce thickens, you can season it to taste. If you want a milder flavor, use less chili powder.
Easy enchilada sauce can be frozen. It is best to use an airtight container to avoid air bubbles. Mason jars work well for this. The sauce can also be used for wet burritos.
One of the most important steps in preparing enchilada sauce is ensuring that it is stored properly. Once you have made your homemade sauce, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Refrigeration helps preserve the flavor of the sauce, but it can also make the sauce thick. In this case, you can add water or broth to thin it out before storing.
Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to a week. You can store the sauce in an airtight jar or in a plastic container. You should avoid plastic, though, as enchilada sauce tends to stain plastic. Another option for storage is to dry the sauce overnight and store it in the freezer. This way, you can reheat the sauce whenever you want to serve it.
Enchilada sauce is a staple for Mexican meals. It can be used in burritos, soups, casseroles, eggs, and frittatas. It is also a great addition to salads and rice bowls.
- Easy Breakfast Under 300 Calories
- Top 10 Easy Healthy Meals on a Budget
- The Best Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Burger Recipes
- What Is an Easy Dinner to Make?
- Easy Food For a Party
- How to Make a French Toast
- Easy Appetizers For a Party
- Easy Dinner Ideas For a Family
- Easy Meals For a Family
- How to Make a Alfredo Sauce
- Alternative Ways to Open a Can
- Top 5 Easy Dinner Recipes
- How to Make Easy French Toast
- Easy Recipes For a BBQ
- What is Best Cheese for a Grilled Cheese?
- Make Your Own Taco Seasoning
- How to Cut a Cucumber
- Where Can I Find Best BBQ in US?
- Where Can I Find the Best Pizza in US?
- Cheap Easy Camping Meals
- Easy Recipe For a Banana Cake
- How to Make an Easy Enchilada Sauce
- How to Make the Best Easy Baked Beans
- Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas For Busy Families
- How to Make the Best Easy Burger Recipe
- The Best Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- Best Easy Hamburger Recipe
- How to Make Green Bean Recipes Easy
- A Quick Guide to Meal Prepping
- The Best Easy Appetizers
- How to Make the Best Easy Hummus Recipe
- Easy Hamburger Recipes
- Cheap Easy Freezer Meals
- How to Make the Best Scrambled Eggs
- How to Make a Scampi Sauce
- What is a Shrimp Scampi Recipe?
- An Easy Recipe For A Peach Cobbler
- Best Easy Biscuits Recipe
- How to Make the Best Easy Burger Recipe
- Easy Cheap Family Dinner Ideas
- How to Make Takis Mozzarella Sticks
- How to Make Takis Powder at Home
- How to Make Takis Less Spicy
- Cheap Easy Appetizer Dips
- How to Prepare the Best Easy Gazpacho Recipe
- Healthy Lunchtime Recipes
- How to Make Your Own Trail Mix
- Delicious Lunchtime Recipes
- How Do You Make 7 Layer Dip?