How to Make Your Own Trail Mix
Trail mix is a popular snack that contains dried fruit, nuts, and candy. Originally, this food was used by hikers to keep their energy levels up while on the trail. Nowadays, however, people are also enjoying it in their daily lives, as it is an easy and tasty way to satisfy a snack craving. The benefits of trail mix are numerous, and you should make sure to try it out! Below are some tips to make your own.
Choose healthy nuts and seeds. You will find that the nutrition content of nuts is second to none. They are packed with protein, unsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Choose unsalted and unsweetened varieties. You can also add sunflower seeds or hemp seeds to your trail mix. Hemp seeds are particularly great because they add an extra layer of nutrition, while flax seeds are too small for trail mix. Make sure you read the labels carefully.
Pay attention to the sugar content. Additions like honey and corn are not nutritionally beneficial. Also, be wary of trail mix with added sugar. Added sugar can make your snack laden with unhealthy calories. Luckily, you can make your own trail mix and save yourself the expense. Try one of the recipes from Consumer Reports’ test kitchen. The result is a healthier snack. It’s also cheaper! Make sure to keep the mix in a tightly covered container.
While nuts and dried fruits are healthy, they have a high calorie count and should be consumed in modest amounts. The amount of calories in a single serving of trail mix made with chocolate may be the same as without. But be careful not to use candy-coated chocolates in your trail mix, as these will add sugar and empty calories. You can also find healthy alternatives to chocolate in the form of chips. They are also great as snacks, as they provide energy and fiber, and are a great source of fiber and vitamins.
In the United States, the majority of consumers who purchase trail mix are young adults. Nearly every type of trail mix includes millennials, who are notorious for snacking. According to the Private Label Manufacturers Association, this group eats an average of four meals per day. Trail mix has the potential to provide an excellent balance of protein and carbohydrates. In addition, this snack is light and portable, providing both a quick boost of energy and sustained energy from healthy fats.
Making trail mix at home is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can combine any type of nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate to create the perfect snack for hiking or a road trip. It’s easy to prepare and stores well in a ziplock bag. Adding sweeteners and other ingredients is optional, but you should consider this before making your own. If you make a large batch of trail mix, you can easily store it for two weeks.
- How to Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Easy Recipe For a Cheesecake
- Easy Recipes For a Dinner Party
- How to Make the Best Easy Gravy For Turkey
- Alternatives to Chinese Five Spice
- Cheap Easy Breakfasts You Can Make at Home
- Spice Up Your Easy Enchilada Sauce
- How to Make the Best Easy French Toast Recipe
- Easy Recipes For a BBQ
- Easy Recipes Under 1 Hour
- How Do You Make 7 Up Biscuits?
- Cheap and Easy Food
- Cheap Easy and Healthy Meals
- How to Cook Eggs Over Easy
- Easy Appetizers For a Crowd
- Top 10 Easy Dinner Ideas
- Southern Green Bean Recipes
- Fast and Easy Hummus Recipe
- 5 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Under 300 Calories
- The Best Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Burger Recipes
- What Is an Easy Dinner to Make?
- Easy Food For a Party
- How to Make a French Toast
- Easy Appetizers For a Party
- Easy Dinner Ideas For a Family
- Easy Meals For a Family
- How to Make a Alfredo Sauce
- Alternative Ways to Open a Can
- Top 5 Easy Dinner Recipes
- How to Make Easy French Toast
- Easy Recipes For a BBQ
- What is Best Cheese for a Grilled Cheese?
- Make Your Own Taco Seasoning
- How to Cut a Cucumber
- Where Can I Find Best BBQ in US?
- Where Can I Find the Best Pizza in US?
- Cheap Easy Camping Meals
- Easy Recipe For a Banana Cake
- How to Make an Easy Enchilada Sauce
- How to Make the Best Easy Baked Beans
- Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas For Busy Families
- How to Make the Best Easy Burger Recipe
- The Best Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- Best Easy Hamburger Recipe
- How to Make Green Bean Recipes Easy
- A Quick Guide to Meal Prepping
- The Best Easy Appetizers
- How to Make the Best Easy Hummus Recipe